Thursday, September 28, 2006

(Stupid) Hopeless Romantics

All of us have a dating history- the ghosts of past relationships that will follow us into our future relationships. While we may remember some of these relationships more fondly than others, all of them have come to an end. If we keep putting ourselves out there and allowing our hearts to be broken, are we stupid or are we hopeless romantics? Are they the same thing?

I believe in love and its promise. The feeling of completeness, of joy and happiness. It is a fountain of youth. It makes the world go round, not money. And i admit, i want love rock my world.

On the other hand, love makes me very blind. It only makes me see the things that I want to see and sometimes, I tent to be very creative in imagining scenarios that aren't real because I wish that they were. I feel stupid convincing myself that the feelings are mutual and that the relationship will finally be "the one".

So far in my lifetime, I have been stupid. I am stupid because I approached every person I meet and every relationship the same way. I am stupid because I expected love to just fall into my laps and propose.

I've learned my lessons the hard way (tears, Red Horse overdose, insomnia, caffeine, etc). At 26, I like to have a mature outlook on love and relationships. I want to see each person for who they really are and what they really need. Id rather devote myselft to finding someone who may not be perfect but who can offer the essentials that are needed for both hearts and souls to thrive... so that at the end of the day, I can say I'm a hopeless romantic and I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home