Friday, April 21, 2006

The Edge of Digital Culture: Aya Kato

Let me share with you my fascination of Aya Kato, who draws wonderfully complex and intricate artworks.

Born in Aichi, Japan, Aya Kato studied painting by self-study and graphic design at the Aichi University of Education, graduated in 2004 and started work as an illustrator in 2005.

“For me, the beauty of Japanese art is in its two dimensions – its deepness and the beauty of the outlines. I often find inspiration from books or poetic language and my pieces extend from there. I like to think the passion I have for my work is expressed through the images I produce and would love to collaborate with people all over the world – in music, illustration and fashion.”

Aya Kato is a freelance illustrator in Japan, 22 years old. Here are some of my favorites...






Aya Kato Website:
http://www.geocities.jp/b_ba_a0530/


Tori Amos’s video "Sleeps With Butterflies" features visuals inspired by the stunning Japanese illustrations of Aya Kato, whose work was commissioned specifically for Tori's video.

ALBUM: The Beekeeper
DIRECTOR: Laurent Briet
RELEASE: March 2005
COPYRIGHT: Sony BMG Music Entertainment

Here are some of the stills from the video...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home